Pages

Monday 26 November 2007

Linux Mint

I'm a Debian user since a while and I like it, well of course sometimes it's a bit difficult for the not-geek user to work with it, you always have to install something that is not here, copy something that is not there and so on. Despite everything I like it a lot.

I've never tried Ubuntu but I know it's more end-user oriented and easier to install. A week ago a distro based on Ubuntu Gutsy (that is based on debian) was released, so I decided to give it a try on a usb stick live installation.

Its name is Linux Mint and I was honestly really surprised by the ease of use of it and by the richness of the basic system. It's very strong in multimedia support so when it comes to Java, flash and divx support you don't have to do anything just use it.

If you have time to invest give it a try --> Linux Mint

Very easy also to put it on your usb stick --> here

No comments:

Post a Comment